The Catholic Community of North Harbour
St. Cecilia’s Parish is twinned with St. Kieran’s Parish Manly Vale as the Catholic Community of North Harbour. Both parishes are administered by the Augustinians who are based at Manly Vale. The previous parish of Balgowlah was founded in 1929, and included the suburbs of Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, Clontarf and Seaforth. It was conducted by diocesan priests until the year 2000, when Bishop David Walker invited the Order of Saint Augustine to minister there.
The school and parish patroness is St Cecilia. St Cecilia spent her short life as a dedicated follower of Jesus and displayed qualities of leadership, courage, integrity and gentleness. At St Cecilia’s school today, these characteristics are encouraged through the way we speak to one another and through our actions. St Cecilia is also remembered as the patroness of Music.